Tuesday 31 May 2016

Happy mother's day card

Whiff of joy safari animals card

This sunday we celebrated mother's day here in Sweden.
I made a very cute "safari" card for my mother-in-law.
She loves watching real-life safari so I thought these stamps from Whiff of joy would be perfect for her.

Whiff of joy safari animals card
The text says: "On mother's day to the world's greatest, greatest mom, (and mother-in-law" on the inside)."
I wanted to make a card that you could pull out and that would contain the words "world's greatest, greatest" on each panel.
I didn't follow any specific measurements, just made a template in copypaper and transferred it to cardstock. The paper is scored at 7,7,8,8cm and is about 15cm high. The lion and monkey are on the smaller panels.

Whiff of joy safari animals card front

I glued on a diecut tab and drew an arrow so it would be more clear that you needed to pull out the inside.

Whiff of joy safari animals card lion

The words I wrote with my dymo labelmaker. Love the look it gave together with these papers.

Whiff of joy safari animals card monkey

The patterned papers are scrappieces I had that I combined together myself. Love the kind of African vibe they have.


Whiff of joy safari animals card


Supplies:
Stamps: Whiff of joy
Colors: oilpencils (animals) and promarkers (details like bouquet, balloons and branch), gold marker
Papers: Mixed scrappieces
Die: quickutz nameplate RS 0801 
Other: dymo labelmaker


Challenges:
Aud sentiments - anything goes + sentiment
Creative inspirations - anything goes
Cute card thursday - holidays/vacation
Ooh-la-la - 4 legs, not 2
Passion for promarkers - furry friends 
Penny's challenges - anything goes 
Simon says wednesday - anything goes 


post signature

4 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous and fun card
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Jennifer Scull said...

your card is so cute! I like all of the different panels. I'll have to give this a try!

Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes plus a sentiment' challenge at Aud Sentiments! :)

Ella's Design said...

What a fun card, Katarina! Love your choice of papers and cute animal images. Great card design and really like the use of your Dymo label maker for the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week. Lisa x

The Crafty Den said...

Fantastic card Katarina. I love the cute animals and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for Shelly's 'furry friends' challenge. Good luck and hugs, Denise x