Sunday 27 November 2011

Enchantment from sweetpea stamps


Nice of you to stop by my blog today. I have taken a little break in my Christmascards, or at least in the planning of my Christmascards, and played with this beautiful image by Meredith Dillman plate 98 (which is currently on sale at sweetpea stamps, wohoo) Besides ching chou this is one of my favorite illustrators so I was happy to ink this image that I haven't played with before. I still have so many images that haven't seen ink yet, poor things.

Good thing is that I have totally cleaned up my crafttable. It's so big and spacious I can sleep on it :D Before I just had a 30x30cm space (if that) to do my cards on. The rest was filled with mountains of paper and stuff. I actually found a couple of Christmaspapers in there from last year. HU! It is so inspirin gto sit there now. I've been having so much fun colouring which I haven't enjoyed for ages. Still the rest of the corner to do, but the most imoprtant things are done and I'm so glad. Even got almost all my unmounted stamps sorted in binders. You can see how HERE, but will try to show you the rest some other time.

I'm so superpleased with how this card turned out, especially the coloring. I used oilpencils and a rubbing medium. I've struggled long to get the glow in my images, so I was over the moon of finally succeeding.


The sentiment is from ching chou kuik's plate 38, also by sweetpea stamps. It is stamped with distress ink as is the image and the edges of the image. Papers are from prima.


Challenges:

Crafts and me - vintage/shabby

post signature

1 comment:

Karina said...

Hi Katarina, your colouring on this image is gorgeous. Love the way you did. And when it comes to cleaning up the crafting area... well, you wouldn't want to see mine right now... ;o). It's on top of my to-do-list to clean it up.
Hugs, Karina