Sunday 25 September 2011

Placement cards


I've had a lot of fun with my project for today. I recently got some copic markers to color with, but haven't had a chance to use them. So I decided to try out my coloring skills and for that I needed a white background. The image I have used is by Meredith Dillman and it's called Jade (from sweetpea stamps). If you love her images you'll be happy to know that they are all on sale until october 2:nd!

















I made these little table setting cards because it was a perfect way to make the image stand out. You could use a different image for every person to make it more special. Maybe for an asian themed party or wedding? I punched out flowers in see through paper and made a little embellishment to make the card a bit more special. The names can be written on the card itself or on the little flower in a circle. I really like the combo of the airy white and at the same time bold colors. Gives it a more modern and funky look.


Challenges:
Paper sundaes - anything goes
Simon says stamp - use dies and/or punches

post signature

5 comments:

VICTORIA said...

What an awesome placement card. I love it did a good job on it. :)

cheryl said...

oh really love this its so beautiful love cherylxxxxx

Julia said...

Hi Katarina,

I'm pleased that you like my latest dolls - the last I shall be making for quite a while, and pleased that you're still enjoying your Tilda doll. You must keep working on your rag doll - it will come together eventually.

I love the card you've been working on here - it's very pretty!

Take care

Love Julia xx

Christine said...

Wow, so beautiful!! I love the way you embossed the card front. The vellum flowers are a wonderful touch too! Gorgeous image!
Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!!
xoxo, Christine

Kathleen said...

This so lovely, great image. Your colouring with copics is excellent.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
Kat
PSDT