Saturday 2 July 2011

The most beautiful view is the one I share with you






















I'm so happy to show you my project this week. I've made an ATC - an artist trading card, which is about 2.5x3.5". It's basically like any trading card (and about the same size) and you change it with other artists the same way. It's such a brilliant way to use up those small scraps of pretty paper, small embellishments and your favourite small stamps - or parts of your bigger ones. The stamp I have used here is called Arden, by Nikki Burnette from sweetpea stamps. The text stamp is also from sweetpea and can be found on ching chou kuik's plate #42.


You might think that this kind of small thing goes fast to make, but since I'm not used to this size it took about as long as a card. I really liked working like this because it made me focus on more details. Usually I don't want to overwhealm my card, but here it's almost a must, otherwise it's just an image on pretty paper. You have to add some oomph ;) My oomph is adding glitter to the patterned paper's flowers and the girl's hair and wings. I also added dimensional glaze to her hair to make it pop. I machined sewed around the border of the patterned paper before attaching it to the darker pink cardstock. I also stamped the text and embossed it with silver embossing powder. I coloured the image, cut it out and attached it where the sewing line is. By placing her this way it looks like she's inside a frame and her wing goes outside of it. I love this illusion of a frame.


I had so much fun with this that I think I'll have another go at it. You should try it too and send your creation by e-mail to the sweetpea blog to showcase next time we have out customer submission week.


post signature

2 comments:

Miranda said...

It's gorgeous! Love those colours and that paper, great job! greetz, Miranda

Lori said...

Another gorgeous card..I like this one too! :) Lori