Sunday 24 October 2010

Thanks a munch

















Ok, so it's a slightly corny sentiment, but I wanted this to be a thank-you card and this is the best I could do, lol. I hope it makes sense to you using "munch" instead of "bunch". I'd definately like to munch some of those cakes!
Since I've been a bit tired of Halloween and autumn themed cards I decided on somthing totally different. It might have been a good idea to start on my Christmascards, but that would be out of charachter for me. Why not saving it until the very last minute instead, lol.

So for today's card I've been colouring one of Samantha Rawling's cuties called cake girl from sweetpea stamps. I got myself these patterned papers a while ago and as soon as the stamp came through my mailbox I've been wanting to use them together.

She is coloured with my promakers and cut out using one of the nestabilities. The edges are "burnt" with walnut stain distress ink. The little tag is a cuttlebug die and the text is written by hand (it shows unfortunately) I like how the smaller squares turned out. I rounded  two corners - diagonally. I think it creates a look like they are spritzed out, kind of like whipped cream or even the girl's hat. I also added glitterglue to some of the details on the patterned paper. The whipped cream on the girl's cake got some white liquid pearls.

















The challenges I used for this card:

Cute card thursday - sketch
Simon says stamp - thanks
Secret crafter - use a manga image

Thanks for stopping by.

post signature

7 comments:

Christina said...

A wonderful card Katarina! Looks amazing!
Hugs Kristel

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Katarina, stunning papers and such a cute little Manga girl, great colouring.

So glad you could join us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Very sweet card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Katarina
love the choice of papers on this lovely card and this manga image looks just perfect sat in the middle of all that yumminess (hope that is a word, if not it is now )
thanks for playing along with us this week at SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Yum baked good! I like the papers you've used!! :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, love the sweet image and colours.
luv
Debby

Mel X said...

Cute image and lovely colours. Those papers are just perfect. It's all so yummy - love it!!

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

Mel X