Thursday 23 September 2010

Whiff of joy DT call bottle tag




Here's my contribution to Whiff of joy's DT call that goes on every other month 16:th-23:rd. This time the challenge was to make a bottle tag. I immediately thought about making some kind of apron and when Fall Willow catching leaves came to mind everything fell into place. I'm usually more of a Alison Acton fan, but this stamp is one of my favs.





I thought about making the apron fall-themed, but couldn't find any good sentiment to go with it. Then I noticed the stamp that came with this one that said "friends get better with time" and I knew it would be perfect for a vine-bottle and to use with some kind of clocks.

The bottom part of the apron is made out of vellum and looks just like the one Willow is wearing.
The patterned paper I used was just perfect. I cut one of the clocks out and placed in Willow's hands.





I distressed the edges of the apron and chose a brighter-coloured ribbon to tie in the middle. I wanted it to stand out a bit. I embossed the text with glittered embossingpowder and cut up. The flower in the left corner has clockarrown cut out with a qk die. I also added dimensional glaze to the lower clock and a dimensional sticker to the top one. Willow is coloured with my beloved promarkers.



And there you have it. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did making it.

post signature

2 comments:

Louise said...

This is absolutely gorgeous :)

I'm not sure whether you got my email the other day - if you want me to post the magazines to you, you could comment on my blog with your address. I wont publish your comment to keep your address private. Hope that makes sense!

Louise x

Katharina Frei said...

What a unique idea and fantstic shape of your bottle hanger.
Love it!!
Katharina x