Friday 4 June 2010

Matching pencil holders

I started on these in autumn - thinking it would be a great Christmas gift for my fiancées niece and nephew. I started on it, but couldn't finish it on time (due to my illness, being hospitalized and so on) I decided to have it ready now for the nephew's 4:th birthday. Some give presents to siblings too, so I made one for her aswell. I'm very happy with how they turned out - one of my first projects using bias (the thin edging) Now I just need to make one for myself - for my make-up brushes and maybe a travelkit for my promarkers?

















 I was so annoyed because I bought a pattern for them. I thought I knew how to make them, but wasn't sure what measurements there should be for the deviders. That was pretty much the only reason why I bought the pattern. When I opened it to seee how many deviders there should be for a standard pen it said "sew the lines to whatever measurement you like" Grrrr! I was so annoyed I had wasted $3 on nothing.

































post signature

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

These are really beautiful, Katarina! Great job!
hugs!
Sharon

DonnaMundinger said...

What lovely gifts! xxD