Tuesday 22 June 2010

First Christmascard of the year

One of my local scrapshops are having a crop at their forum. There are a bunch of different challenges and it all ends thursday 24:th. I haven't felt this inspired for a long time and started on different projects. Papers, stamps and promarkers are flying everywhere. I just hope I'll be able to find it all later :D


So the first challenge I finished was a Christmas one: not use Christmas stamps (textstamps were ok) or papers. I foound this adorable qk die I bought a while back and never used. I dryembossed the snowflake background and cut out "skates" from another cuttlebug embossing folder. I  inked the text with silver making the lowered text white. I got the brilliant idea of drawing little skates on the raindeer and silverembossing them to make them stand out. I also embossed the edges silver powder. It was a little difficult making the skates even because of the raised and lowered snowflakes, so it looks a little messy. But if I make it a bit neater I think this would be a great card to make a batch of and give away as a present.

Isn't he just adorable sliding around?


post signature

No comments: