Tuesday 23 February 2010

Happy b-day Kåre and featured on frontpage


Today I finally finished a card for a couple of challenges. I started out with a general birthday card, but I was really struggling with the text so in the end it turned out better with putting a name on instead. Made it more personal and looks quite good I think. The guy I made it for is an aquaintence that lives in Oslo, Norway. We met almost 6 years ago when I was working as a guide on bustravels to Russia. The tourists on the bus were 50-60+ years old and he was the only one under 40. We ended up exchanging addresses because I asked him to send me a CD of the photos he had taken. Then we started sending eachother Christmascards and added eachother on facebook. This Christmas I think I forgot to send him a card (due to the sickness) so I'm sending him a b-day card instead. I think he will be really surprised.

I used:
a sketch from sketch saturday
Pearls and swirls from whiff of joy
recepie (3 types of embellies, 2 pp and 1 img) from Simon says stamp. I used ribbons, flowers and pearls.


 I used my brand new bear from Alison Acton's party animals line. I got it a while back and hadn't had the chance to use it yet. Can you spot something different with it? I used a new colouring medium - oilbased pens and something similar to rubbing alcohol. It gives a totally different look than my usual promarkers. I think it's perfect for colouring animals since it's hard to colour fur. I really like the look of this.

A little tip when it comes to ribbons: I have a cream/white ribbon that I colour in with the right promarkers to match the card. Here I had a white ribbon that I coloured with "caramel". Very economical and you always have the exact colour to match!

I also got a mail from instructables saying my CD/DVD tutorial is on the frontpage! And I even got a comment. Woohooo! Makes me want to make more tutorials, just don't know what that could be...

Hope you liked my card today. I have many other things to show you that I've been up to. I finished my bag yesterday and forgot to show you a pair of earrings I made. So check back and remember to come back on thursday for the new sweetpea stamps release party! You don't want to miss this. (Check sneak peak of the beauty in top right corner to see what I mean)


post signature

2 comments:

sandra said...

This is so nice of you!!!
I know your friend will be happy with this card!
Great colors,paper combination,but this bear is the best!
Please send me your addy so I can send you a card!
sandrapink0@gmail.com
Hugs!
Sandra!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card !!! I really love the colors you used, I'm fan of this vintage look.
Hugs
Mag :)