Saturday 16 January 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Here is a card that took forever to make. I had decided to use a sketch from sketch saturday. Since Tilda was quite big I had a hard time fitting the text and embellishments. Phew, took a while, but here it is. I'm quite happy how it turned out. I used some of my new "toys" - the swirly vine, primas, scrolly frame and nesties. The papers are from Wild asparagus and Basic Grey. And of course the image is coloured with my faithful promarkers. I wrote the text by hand with marsh green. Think it might've been prettier with a computer generated taxt, but I didn't have the energy to fuss with that. Don't think I have that bad of a handwriting, lol.

This card is also made with a couple of other challenges in mind:
Simon says stamp had "shabby chic" and Magnolia down under had an interesting challenge: "stamp with another use". This means that you use a stamp from say a Christmas line and use it in a birthday card. I used an easter stamp and made it into a Thanksgiving one. Thought it was quite brilliant. At least I think the stamp is from an easter line. I don't know really since it's hard to find the info. In worst case this was a Thanksgiving stamp and I should've made an easter card from it :)

Wishing you a nice weekend.



post signature

5 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous job - love your colours and layout! A perfect Tilda for Thanksgiving.
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Norma said...

Katarina, what a gorgeous card. Such lovely designer papers--love the colours. You've beautifully coloured this adorable Tilda. I have this image too, but haven't use it. Hhmmm... you make me want to bring her out and use her on a card. Love your design and flower arrangement.
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under.

Hugs.
Norma

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a beautiful card.
Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge this week.

Domi

Milnie said...

amazing card Katarina! She is sooooo beautiful and the flowers all make it gorgeous!

hugs

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful card Katarina :-) I love this Tilda and the papers and embellies are fab :-) I love the fancy tag and sentiment too :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)
luv
Lols x x