Saturday 28 November 2009

Lilac Christmas


Today I've been playing with the amazing new stamp from sweetpea stamps. I woke up today with a craving - there's no better word for it - to craft! I have a huge DT package with stamps that are hinting to me to be inked so who am I to refuse? Of course I needed to join some challenges, I went through my growing challenge list and here's what I came up with with the card:

fridaysketchers had a wonderful sketch this week that suited perfectly with this stamp. I really wanted the image to be the focalpoint and the sketch allowed that. I used my brand new spellbinder snowflakes instead of the circles.

stampin for the weekend had a lilac/silver colourscheme. I only coloured half of the image to give it a different look. The image speaks for itself and I like that you can see how it looks before and after colouring. As usual I used my promarkers and white twinkling H2O for the flakes and details.

By the cute and girly had "winter wonderland" as their theme.

Creatalicious had "something for Christmas including snowflakes and lots of sparkle/glitter."

Crafty calendar had "weather" as this month's theme. Thought the snowy weather behind the girl suited the theme wonderfully.


If you are inlove with these stamps as much as I am then you can purchase the newest release at a special price. Lynette - the owner of sweetpea stamps is having a sale that already started and is running through Cyber Monday. If you are a first time customer you will get a free Fantasy Art Collection stamp (Lynette's choice) on orders over $20! So what are you waiting for? Click HERE to go straight to the shop and don't forget to mention me during checkout. Enjoy!



Colour: promarkers blossom, pastel blue, ice grey 1 and 3, ivory and silver, white twinkling h2o.
Paper: art blanché from EK success, bazzil bling
Tools: spellbinders shapeabilities create a flake 1


post signature

9 comments:

Nancy said...

This is so pretty, Katarina:O) Love the gorgeous image. The papers are beautiful, great layuout.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Kimmi said...

beautiful card. The colours are great. Love the band you've got behind the image and your little snowflakes are lovely. Great colouring, I love the effect!

Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Good Luck.

Kimmi x

Juls said...

wow!! This is just incredibly stunning!! Love the gorgeous soft colour, and the image is just beautiful!! gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G!

Lisa said...

Hi, Gorgeous card! Such a pretty colour combo.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Lisa x

Georgia said...

Ooh wow, this is beautiful! I love this cute image and the colours look lovely! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
Georgia x

Bec said...

just gorgeous, thanks so joining us at creatalicious.. Bec xx

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is such a beautiful card. Great take on the colorcombo. I love the layout and image are so stunning.
Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend.
Gunn :-D

Anonymous said...

I love how you've made a Christmas card with shades of lilac....so beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatilicious....I'd love to see you play along with us next month too!

Abby:)

Cheryl said...

Stunning and such a beautiful image!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.
xx