Thursday 1 October 2009

Hopeful



There is a new challenge blog called crafty catz weekly challenge and naturally I had to join in the first challenge (although I don't really have time for cardmaking or the energy)
Anyhow, there was a colourscheme to follow: green/blue/brown. Ok, so not really my colours, but then I came to think of these gorgeous papers from K&co that I had extras of and they were just the right colours!

I made it following a sketch from this week's Whiff of joy challenge blog. This week is special because the blog are celebrating their first blogoversary on saturday and a party is promised :)! Woohooo! Doesn't Charlotte look like she's ready to celebrate?
I'm still hoping Katharina will discover me some day, lol, so what better way than to enter as many Woj challenges as possible.



I'm actually quite happy with this card. Lately I haven't been so I was afraid I would ruin this one too, but I think it turned out quite well. I used a charm that says "hope" instead of a stamped text. Not sure if it fits the card, but it does fit the challenge :) I finally dared to use a white pen to highlight some details like her hair and skirt. My first try, but I think it looks good.

Promarkers used: ivory, pastel blue, cool aqua, pastel green, moss, cinnamon, burnt sienna and umber.
Papers: K&co

Brown panel embossed with cuttlebug embossing folder.


post signature

8 comments:

Kirsty said...

lovely ard, such a fab image. thanks for joining our first challenge xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz on our first challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

Jane said...

This gorgeous! lovely colours and details and wonderful colouring! thanks for joining us at WOJ this week, hugs, Jane x

Debbie said...

Beautiful job with the sketch...Good Luck

*Michaela* said...

Beautiful card, I just looove the papers you used and the image is one of my favourite!
Very cute!!!

Sadilla said...

Wow gorgeous...
lovely bright colours...
sadia

SusuK said...

Very beautiful card and with not so usual colours. Greetings from Finland! :0)

Rach said...

great colour scheme, a fabulous card, thank you for joining us this week.xx