Tuesday 8 September 2009

Happy birthday Heidi!

Heidi - the generous sponsor of many many challenges from Simon says stamp is celebrating her birthday this week. She was hoping that 200 people would join on the challenge blog in but the DT members were hoping that all 557 followers would. I don't know how it's going since thedeadline is tomorrow and I'll probably be no 140.

Anyhow, I made this card to celebrate Heidi following a sketch on the Simon says stamp challenge blog. I also followed a colour combo on the colour create challenge blog. Heidi is actually sponsoring this week's prize there too!
The challenge was to use the colours ruby, cream and gold. Although it was quite hard I found the most perfect papers for the colour and image for the sketch. Everything is new. The papers I bought friday on my big paperspending day and the popcornbear I bought a couple of weeks ago at a sale (seems like I only shop on sales, lol. It makes a hole in the pocket too, believe me. There seem to be offers and sales everywhere on the net!)




I wasn't sure how red the ruby should be so the colours are "rubish" (not rubbish, lol) The thicker letters on the text are in gold, but it doesn't show properly. A little bit simpler card. Thought I needed it after yesterday's layers and layers. Still getting used to that. It was so nice to relax and make a card although today I really shouldn't have. Although I study 5 hours a day I feel a little behind. Today I just could focus and didn't study as much. Guess I should've taken the weekend off instead of studying there too, haha.

Hope you've enjoyed it :)

7 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Love that teddy, is that the Popcorn bear?
Holley

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card katarina :-) The bear is very cute and the papers you used are lovely :-)
We didn't get all the followers entering this week lol,,,, can't say we didn't try though eh !! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge ;-)
Luv
Lols and the DT x x

Deanne said...

This is beautiful Katarina! The different patterns look perfect together!

Great Job!
xx-Deanne

Mina said...

such a pretty card Katarina, the bear is so cute...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

Such a pretty card Katarina, I love that little image. Your layout of the sketch is fab!
thank you for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge blog..
hugs, janny

Elena said...

What a precious card! The colors of this card is so beautiful! And I love this sweet little bear with flowers!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh I think this is just ADORABLE! Love the colors and papers you used. Too, too cute! hugs!