Wednesday 19 August 2009

If friends were flowers...

Today I finished a card for a couple of challenges. The card is in a distress/vintage style that isn't really "me". I'm trying to develop that style though and I think I'm getting better and better at it.

I used a sketch from the Besic Grey challenges. Did you know they are back again? They disappeared for a while and now they're back - better than ever! This is the sketch they have for challenge number 1. I thought it was wonderful so I used it. But Imust admit I had a hard time cramming every detail in there, lol. I couldn't make the tag with the text so I had to make it a little plaque instead.

In order to join the challenge you need to use at least one item from Basic Grey. I used patterned papers that I had bought on a sale. They are called Wassail and I love that vintage look!

I decided to join just magnolia's challenge this week too by using a Magnolia image and the theme for this week: "friendship". I thought the papers and image worked beautifully together as did the text: "If friends were flowers I would pick you".

Finally lili of the valley have a challenge where you need to use charms. I went through my jewelry stash and although I mostly work with silver coloured metal I did find some bronze/golden chain and the butterfly. The butterfly hangs loose on the chain but I'm thinking about glueing it to the middle of the ribbon. Can't decide :)

Promarkers used: coral, ruby, saffron, marsh green, pastel yellow and primrose. Hair coloured with an old pantone pen, similar to promarker's sandstone. The outer flower is a white one coloured with marsh green to match the image exactly. I also used my square nesties and CB embossing folder.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Your card is so beautiful and I love how you interpreted the sketch. Great colouring and the papers are gorgeous, they're one of my favourites. Glad you could join us at BG this time. Chris :)

Eve said...

WOW!!!! I love your cards and in particular this one!! The vintagey look is totaly up my alley so i just ADORE the look of this card!!!
Pleae feel free to check out my blogg at ccartdesigns.blogspot.com. Thanks!
Eve

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

So sweet!! Love the vintage / shabby chic look to this card. The charm attached to the flower is so cute! ~ Jane

June Houck said...

Beautiful card and a brilliant take on the sketch. Your card is GORGEOUS!!!

Mina said...

beautiful card, fantastic colouring and gorgeous papers...thank you for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Rach said...

a beautiful card, love the detail that you have used. Thank you for joining us at just magnolia. hugs rachxx