Sunday 23 August 2009

Foxy foxes


Here's my entry to the sugarbowl blog this week. I have turned the sketch they had upside down and made my own flowers from two different punches and different cardstock. I usually follow sketches exactly as not to get disqualified, but this time I just had to use the quickutz fox instead of the two panels. I actually bought this die for this stamp only, lol. I don't have any sugarnellie stamps yet, I got this image from a friend and it's on top of my wishlist :) I must say though that I always thought the fox was hiding behind the girl. Now that I coloured them in I see that he is quite thin and sitting next to her instead. I still feel like he's hiding behind her and have a hard time seeing it differently, lol.


It's a quite simple card using three different coordinating patterned papers. The papers are so beautiful though that I feel like they lift up the whole look. The little flowers on the left panel are glitterembossed and the background paper has clearembossed details. Just stunning! A great card for autumn, don't you think?

Promarkers used: umber, burnt umber, henna, ruby, berry red, saffron and pastel pink. I added glitter stickles in the middle of the flowers and on the girl's buttons.

5 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

I LOVE the colors in this card. Awesome!!

Holley

Lilian said...

WOW! Gorgeous card! Love the color combo and beautiful punched flowers! Thank you for joining for the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

Stephanie said...

A super duper card - that quickutz die is just perfect!

I thought the same as you about the fox being behind - well, you learn something new everyday don't you?!
Hugs
Steph x

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW!!! I love the beautiful, rich colors on this one, Katarina! And your coloring is fantastic! Gorgeous card! hugs!

Juls said...

just stunning!! I love the colours you have used!