Monday 10 August 2009

Cheer up - my first DT card

Today I manages to finish my first DT card for Sweet pea stamps. I love the cute look on this girl's face and just had to make something bright and cheerful. I bought the patterned paper the other week and was itching to use it. I'm very pleased with it since I'm trying to develop my "busy cards" style. I think there is so much going on on this card, but I kind of like it.



I made this card after a sketch at sketch saturday. The little brads and ribbons in the right upper corner were perfect for the sketch.

There is also a great challenge at a spoon full of sugar. The theme this week has been "floral fantasy". Don't think it can get more floral than this, lol.

Last, but not least I used the challenge theme for the Simon says stamp
challege
"buttons and bows".

Do you see something different with my photos? I followed a tutorial on Kristine's blog on how to make blurry edges on your photos. I think it looks nice, but it would probably look even better if my blog had a white background.

Items used: promarkers; lime green, saffron, petrol blue, orange, berry red and an old pantone yellow, although you could use canary. Paper from DCWV.

8 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Super cute!! Love the color combo

Alexandra Lundgren said...

I love it! The bright colors are wonderful!

Louise said...

Love your bright card Katarina, it's a great take on the sketch.
Louise x

Anonymous said...

congrats..Its such a fab card.. (=

Anonymous said...

Super nice!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is so darling, I love the fun, bright, cheery colors and the flowers are lovely.

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Sharon Caudle said...

So cute, Katarina! Love the bright, fun colors!! Adorable image and fabulous coloring! hugs!

Conibaer said...

Congrats on you DT-spot! I´m so happy for you!!!
Your card is gorgeous! Love it!
PS: Hope you are feeling fine!