Saturday 13 June 2009

Notepad holder

While bloghopping today I found a blog called Magnolia-licious highlites. They had a great challenge - making a post-it holder. I have a bunch of those cheap yellow ones and let's be honest: they are really ugly, but I've never thought about sprucing them up before. Deadlines work really well for me so I started straight away.

I had this beautiful image of Tilda already coloured in. My friend sent me some images stamped on watermark (aquarell) paper. I used my tombows and a waterbrush. I was very satisfied with the result and wanted to use the image on something special. So when I came across this challenge I knew I wanted to use her!






I've added glitterglue on the flowers she's holding - not sure if it shows. I like the way the flowers hang freely since I didn't glue them on properly. The scalloped ring she's sitting on is from my new nesties. I also embossed the ring with a cuttlebug folder.

If you want to give it a go, here's the tutorial:
Bridgett.

I've been seewing a lot today and I managed to put up some new items in my etsyshop. Do you like them?
Here are the two fabrics I've been playing around with today. I'm just in love with them!
I should be done with the project soon so come back and check it out.

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

This turned out so cute, Katarina! Great job!