Monday 4 May 2009

Wedding cake box

Next on the list of inspiring things to do (on the CB blog) were weddingprojects. There was especially one that blew me away - a bride and groom box to have favours in. Go check them out!

I made my own version from a boxtemplate I had bought years ago. It's a piece of cake (excuse the pun ;) If you make 10-12 pieces you can put them together into one round cake. Great as little giftfavours for your guests to take home after the wedding. Or maybe for a fatfree weddingcake?

I actually have a couple of decorative boxes I have bought through the years, but instead of assembling them and using once I use them as a template. Good saving tip.

Anyhow, I traced the template on pink cardstock, then I cut out three pieces in white cardstock that would fit the top and sides of the cake. I ran them through an embossing plate and then I rubbed a light pink inkpad on the raised parts - great effect! I glued them on and finally stuck a glitterglued butterfly on the side. (The die is from cuttlebug - a set of four garden dies)




Well, I'm totally pooped now. I know it was supposed to be a SPA weekend (and it started like it) but now it's past 2am and I'm off to my lovely bed. Nighty night :)

7 comments:

de said...

So pretty! Love this. thanks for visiting my blog!

Mrs J said...

Lol Katarina! I know what you mean about it's supposed to be relaxing - you've worked so hard this weekend! And this is another gorgeous creation! Great tip on saving the templates too, TFS! I'm so glad we inspired you to create so many gorgeous creations! Now it sounds like you need a good rest! Thanks for joining in the fun at www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Hugs Mrs Jx

Crystal said...

this is sooo pretty, love it!! the embossing is wonderful!

Stephanie said...

Wow, this is so lovely - really elegant too :) xxx

Cassie said...

this turned out just wonderful Katarina!! I'm always amazed at how much embossing adds to a project and turns it into such a WOW thing! The butterfly is a sweet touch too!

Thanks for joining in this weekend on all the Spa Event fun at CBC!
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous and what a Fabulous idea!!...Thanks so much for spreading the news of my candy...Good Luck!!...Hugs, Ila

Michelle said...

hi katarina

thanks for visiting my blog...

your "piece of cake" is BEAUTIFUL!

TFS! and good luck with your chance of winning the cuttlebug candy tomorrow!
michelle
mypaperbliss.blogspot.com