Sunday 24 May 2009

New promarker blog and a spoon full of sugar b-day

EDIT: This card is only for the "a spoon full of sugar challenge blog". I will make a new one for the promarker blog since the entry for them can't be combined with any other challenges.

Do you know there is a new challenge blog for promarker lovers? I found it the other day and I'm really happy I did. There is a blog for copiclovers and I have been wanting to join in. But since I only have promarkers I couldn't :( It never occured to me to look for a promarker blog, lol.

I'm still sewing but I have a couple of half done cards on my table and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to finish some of them. This one have been waiting to be finished forever. I used the promarker blog's "no theme" and I also decided to join in on a spoon full of sugar's challenge. They are celebrating their first birthday so the theme was "celebrations". I decided on a b-day card since those are the ones I use the most. While working with the card I came up with the corny "happy bird-day" that I thought was very suitable. So this is what I come up with when I don't have a sketch to follow:




I used my new hÄngel from the latest kit and my brand new nestie. I embossed the scalloped nestie with an embossingfolder from cuttlebug making sure I have at least a bird visible. I then dabbed some distress ink on the raised parts. On the pink panel I used some new birdstamps I bought recently and stamped them with distress ink. The text is computer generated, the hÄngel coloured with apple, sky blue and pastel pink. Did you notice the black brad I put in the birdhouse to make it pop?

No comments: