Monday 26 January 2009

Shabby card

I've entered a challenge on a new blog I found the other day. It's called everybody art challenge and it's a German blog I think. The theme this week was "shabby" and I just had to try it. If you've seen my cards you might have noticed I don't make "shabby" cards ( my cards aren't shabby at all, lol) so this was definately a challenge.

I looked through my recent stampstash and had a hard time finding anything that would go with the style. Since I don't buy papers in shabby colorscheme I wanted an image that would help the theme. It wasn't easy while digging through cute animals, fairies and little girls, but eventually I came across a bag of unmounted stamps I'd bought in autumn. They were from inkastamps and her style of stamps would work great! I don't think I've made a single card with the stamps since I bought them so it was time to do that.

I absolutely loved this lady first time I saw her, but when I got her home I didn't know how to stamp with her. This was before I discovered promarkers and colouring her with waterpencils was hard. Now I tried with my promarkers and I loved it! So from now on I think you will see some cards made with these kind of stamps. I also got a mail from my friend saying that she saw the same images all over the blogs. I must admit I've gotten stuck in what everybody else are doing and buying too, so she got me thinking. She inspired me to dig out some more unusual stamps I've bought before, some that aren't even sold anymore I think. With this said I want you to prepare yourselves for some more unusual - if not cards, then at least - images.





Now I'm off to make some more cards and to enjoy my freshly baked cookies :)

1 comment:

Nixe-Moni said...

What a great card. Love the paper and the colours. Thanks for joining in our challenge.
Hugs
Moni
EAC-Team