Tuesday 27 January 2009

Icsketches DT call

Inspirational card sketches are having a DT call. I think it's about 2 hours left when I write this, lol. Talk about last minute, but I just found it and I wanted to try out.
Here is the info:

First and farmost there will be no compensation at this time.
I'm looking for 6 designers who love creating cards.
Your term will be 4 months. Term is from Feb-May 2009
If you would love or like to be on a Card Sketch Design Team this call is for you.
Every Tuesday I will send you a card sketch one week in advance for you to work on. You however as a DT member will have to get your creations to me no later then Monday at 12:00pm (noon) Central Standard Time.
You will also get to embellish your cards however you want. My sketches are for your inspiration only. And to help others get ideas on how to use these sketches.
To start this call off I want you to make a card using this sketch below. Then I want you to post it on your blog along with this call and leave me a direct link to your blog post in the comment section here.


While looking through the other womens' entries for the call I noticed noone used images for the rectangular pieces, so I wanted to make something different. I actually came up with this idea first, but got more incouraged when I noticed that most had used patterned paper for this rectangular part.

Both Alice images are from inkastamps. I wanted the card to look hopeful, like if you follow your dreams you get to live your dream (like the glittery text in the upper right corner says). The upper Alice is living her dream while the lower one is still reaching for hers. And it will all happen with time, when time has flown. The lower image is less decorated because she isn't quite there yet. Do I make any sense? The card is a little philosophical - or artlike if you will. I might actually frame it and have as a little artpiece by my corner...

Keep your fingers crossed that I make the DT team.





1 comment:

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my goodness I love the images and your take on the sketch is just beautiful! Good luck to you.