Saturday 6 December 2008

Plainly speaking - no patterned papers challenge + celebration time

A card without any patterned papers for this week's challenge at scrummystashcafe. The image is an old PSX. I got some images in a swap years ago and found it the other day - already colored in and with glitter on. I have a whole box of colored images because some days I just feel like coloring and some days I assemble the cards. I have been very bad at actually stamping, which I actually think (or have thought) is the most fun. I've been so impressed with Tim Holtz blog lately. Have you seen his tags?! He made the same thing last year and they were just as amazing. I can't comprehend how he can come up with some of the stuff. I really want to develop a style like his, but I'm such a perfectionist. I can't have something dirty or shabby, lol. I bought some alcohol inks a few months ago, so I'm out of excuses I guess.

I had a wonderful time yesterday celebrating my 10:th anniversary with my love. He came home with take-out pasta from a wonderful italian place (homemade italian pasta, yum!) and our fav. pastries. I wasn't feeling too well so we stayed home until it was time for the movies in the evening. We saw a "romantic" movie: "twilight". I really liked it. We also got applause from the other movievisitors and the cinema gave us a DVD and congratulated us. Afterwards we went to our fav. restaurant that serves steak on a plank with mashed potatoes and bearnaisesauce. So gooooood.

I have apreciated your comments about what to get a man, they are always so hard to shop for. (If you want tips look at the comments under the blogcandy). My man is not much of a "stuff" person, but he is a total chocolate addict. He eats so much more than me, lol. So I got him a set from our specialty chocolateshop: chilitruffles, chili hot cocoapowder and a chocolatebutter for pancakes etc. He loved it! Chilitruffles are his favorite and this kind was very yummy apperantly.

If you've never tried truffles or chilitruffles you should. Can't say I love it, but it's worth trying because it's such a different experience.

Ok, so here's the card. The ribbons are actually outside of the card. I think it looks great. Simple, but festive and elegant because of all the glitter on the image. And of course, my cuttlebug embossingfolders. How did I ever manage to make cards without it, haha.

2 comments:

Maria McPherson said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Thanks for taking part x

Shirley said...

This is fabulous must get one of those machines :)
Shirley