Thursday 27 November 2008

Snowy is flakey

Before I forget I want to tell everyone to make sure to come back tomorrow. I will have something yummy here that I know won't hurt anyone's teeth...

This week on cutecardthursday the challenge was snow+snowflakes. I have a lot of Penny Blacks that have never felt ink, so I thought it was time for this guy. The quote is also from PB. Usually I don't like buying quotestamps, it's so easy to write a text and print it on the computer, but when I saw this quote I knew I had to have it. It would've been wonderful for a challenge that PB had where you were only supposed to use a quotestamp, no images (missed that one unfortunately).

A while ago I was thinking about what my style was and this card is it! No patterned papers, my own made stampbackground, embossingpowder and a lot of glitter and bling! And now my latest obsession: cuttlebug embossing folders. The purple papers are bling cardstock. Both the snowflakes and text is embossed with "turquoise sparkle". It gives a glitter and shine like gasoline, you know those rainbowcolors. It's one of my fav EP (embossing powders)

I love that blue/purple combo and think most of my Christmascards will look like that. Every X-mas I'm trying to have a style on my cards. One year it was traditional green/red, one year black/silver, last year I think I had frosty blue and this year I'm going for blue/purple. Such a great combo!



The text says: snowflakes are just unassembled snowmen.

1 comment:

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab, love the image, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge