Saturday 8 November 2008

Celebration card challenge

This sunday (tomorrow) it's father's day and my fiancée asked me to make a card for him to send to his dad. I had a hard time with it and postponed it for a few days during the week, but finally I got some ideas and got it done on time.

I am entering this card into a blogcandycontest that you can read about here The challange was to make a celebrationcard and I wanted to enter with something different than just a b-day card.



Image is from Penny Black and it's colored in with alcoholmarkers. The paper is a piece of scrap I had left and the paisleypattern worked wonderfully with my new CB paisley embossingdie. The big flowers are all pale pink, like the embossed paper, even though it doesn't show. I'm glad I've started to make these cards with patterned paper and flowers. It has been hard for me to do, but now I see the thrill with this "technique".

1 comment:

Pauline C said...

Hi Kama
This is a fab card ... one of my favourite images! Thanks so much for entering my blog candy draw, and good luck!
pauline x