Wednesday 26 November 2008

An altered box

Ok, so I thought I wouldn't do anything crafty today, but I did! I've been having these old cards I've made for ages and I didn't know what to do with them. I never used them because I thought they were too ugly, or at least that I had improved a lot and they were not representing me anymore. Did that sound better? lol. I also had some cards that I got in swaps that I didn't use either, so I decided to give them away to my local charity shop. I didn't want to just hand them over in a bag, but rather in a box, maybe even a pretty one thay could have by the register? I've been thinking about that for weeks and even had a good sized box, but never got around to doing anything with it. I want to leave the cards in time for people to buy the Chrismas ones, there aren't many but a few. I always need a motivation to start doing stuff and when I found this altering challenge I thought: now or never. It kick-started me so I got it done. Hopefully I will leave the box there during the week. I'm thinking about decorating it a little more, but I'm not sure now. I think it looks pretty good as it is. The original idea was to have "cards" written on the front and then a seperate (removeble) sign saying "handmade", so when they were all sold the shop could take the sign off and have postcards in it aswell. I'll sleep on it. Enjoy and thanks for visiting!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea to give the cards to a charity! Beautiful altered box! Thanks for joining in the Crafty Creations Challenge!
smiles,Deena

InkyAndScrappy said...

That is absolutely fabulous. Glad to give you an extra little kick in the u know. Thanks for playing with Crafty Creations.
Hugs, Jaime