Saturday 25 October 2008

Blog candy :D

I have found another blogcandy where you can win some of the new Magnolia stamps. Whohoo! Click on the link below to get there:

Magnolia blogcandy

To have some more chances to win the owner asks to show your best and your worst work. Here's one that I am very happy with. Don't know if it's my best, but it's been over 1/2 year since I did it and I still love it. That's how I measure if it's a good card or not, haha. It is colored with the 2 twinkling H2O's I own, a purple and olivegreen. LOVE that combo. The embossingpart is made by hand with fiskar's texture plates (no cuttlebug-cheating here ;)



Now, for my worst work I had a couple to choose from, haha. I was flipping through images of one of my earliest cards (8 or so years ago) and here's the embarrassment I found. Although I must admit it's nice to see that I've gotten better (and that it always could be worse) :D



I remember, instead of buiding layers I used to cut out the middle and glue the image/paper behind the aparture. It got exhausting after a while with all the handcutting. The little smears that frame the heart are little cupids versamarked and embossed with some glittery powder. Haha, now that's a blast from the past. This is more embarrassing than showing you my messy craftcorner.

No comments: